Welcome to the website of Children’s Advocates Resource Endowment (C.A.R.E.)
CareForKids.org was formed as a not-for-profit organization in the Spring of 1999, to raise money for local children’s charities. Each year, CareForKids.org places 60% of all money raised into an Endowment Fund, for the future of our children. The remaining 40% is awarded twice a year to local charities that specialize in children’s needs, where 100% of all proceeds will stay in Kern County, 100% will go directly to children’s needs, and 100% of the money will never go towards any administrative costs! Our board members carefully consider numerous requests for funding and award grants based on the number of children who will benefit and the needs of both the requesting organization and the community as a whole.
We work closely with local partners such as Walmart to match our grants and stretch our dollars even further. We were proud to deliver an entire truckload of child car seats to the Epilepsy Society for delivery to needy families. When the Homeless Shelter had a swelling of children living there, we delivered a truckload of high chairs and wrapped Christmas presents for each child bearing each child’s name. This is a very small example of the miracles possible through your support of our events.
Since our first funding year of 2000, we have either donated, acquired or spent literally hundreds of thousands of dollars while maintaining zero administrative costs, as it is truly a volunteer run organization. Local organizations can request funds in the Spring and Fall of each year for special programs and needs right here on our website through a clickable link. Remember, none of the funds received from CareForKids.org are ever used for administrative costs.